Basic Entry Door
Purchasing a properly insulated wine cellar door from us, industry leaders and wine cellar specialists will ensure your wine cellar will stay sealed properly. Door is sold as a pre-hung unit that includes 2 1/2″ door trim and standard jamb of 4 9/16″. Additional jamb sizes and woods are available. Please call us for a quote.
What is a pre-hung door?
A pre-hung door is a door that is already hanging in its own frame. By selecting the pre-hanging option, you will receive a full unit with the door prepped, hinged and assembled to your specifications. This complete package ensures smooth, easy installation with a precise fit.
Each pre-hung door unit comes with the following:
- 4-9/16″, 5-1/4″ or 6-5/8″ wide jambs (custom sizes available)
- Adjustable Aluminum door sill (threshold) in Zinc, Bronze, Brass or solid Oak
- Door shoe (sweep) weatherproofs in Brass, Bronze or Zinc
- Q-lon weatherstripping in white or bronze
- 4″x4″ commercial grade ball-bearing hinges in Zinc, Brass or Bronze
- 2-1/2″ colonial, 3-1/2″ colonial (optional) or 3″ flat (optional) interior casing
- 2-1/4″ exterior brickmould
- Pre-drilled door for handle and deadbolt
Frame Dimension Calculation
Width – Add 1-1/2″ to the width of the actual door
Height – Add 1-3/4″ to the height of the actual door
Rough Opening Calculation
Width – Add 2-1/2″ to the width of the actual door
Height – Add 2-1/2″ to the height of the actual door
Door Handing / Swing Configuration
- Left Hand Active Inswing
- Right Hand Active Inswing
- Left Hand Active Outswing
- Right Hand Active Outswing
Doors are hung on rabbetted jambs kerfed (slotted) for weather-stripping.
To measure the width of the jamb, open the door and measure the jamb. Do not include any of the trim work or casing.
4-9/16″ Jamb – The most common size for 2×4 framing.
5-1/4″ Jamb – For 2×4 framing (usually with stucco walls).
6-5/8″ Jamb – The most common size for 2×6 framing.
* Custom jamb width’s are available. Contact us for details.
- Rabbetted Kerfed Jamb
- 4″x4″ commercial grade ball bearing hinges
- Full mortise, all steel base material
- Non rising steel pin with button tip and plug
- Rounded corner 1/4″ radius
- Finish: Brass, Bronze and Zinc.
- Three hinges are used on 80″ tall doors
- Four hinges are used on 84″ and 96″ tall doors
Door Sill (Threshold)
We offer two type of sills for inswing doors:
1. Adjustable Aluminum sill in Brass, Bronze or Zinc
2. Solid Oak sill (not adjustable)
For out-swing door we offer adjustable Aluminum sill in Bronze only.
Low-profile (ADA-compliant) sill are available, please call us for pricing.
Door Shoe (Sweep)
Designed to fit on the base of the door. The door shoe seals against air, dust, water and sound the gap between the bottom of the door and the sill (threshold). Features an aluminum channel with a flexible vinyl insert.
High quality pressed in Q-lon weatherstripping. Seal drafts from around the top and sides of the door. Made of polyethylene-clad urethane foam.
Casing are applied around the door jamb.
Casing will match the jambs’s wood species.
Applied around the door jamb on the exterior of the house. A standard brickmould is 1-1/4″x2-1/4″.
Brickmould will match the jambs’s wood species.
Standard Handle and Deadbolt Preparation
We will pre-drill the door for a handle with 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″ backset.
Bore diameter: 2-1/8″
Backset is the distance from the edge of the door to the center of the bore hole.
Deadbolt is drilled 5-1/2″ above the handle.
We will mortise the door for a standard Baldwin entry lock sets.
This door is only available in Brazilian Mahogany unstained.
Custom Etching and Painting options are not available for this door.
|Standard door||Net door- 32″ w x 80″ h x 1 3/4″ thick Brazilian Mahogany wood
Top and Side Rails are approx. 5 1/8″, the bottom rail is approx. 9 5/8″, visible glass is roughly 21 3/4″ x 65 1/4″
Pre-hung dims – 33 1/2″ w x 81 3/4″ h
Rough opening dims – 34 1/2″ w x 82 1/2″ h
Threshold – 1 1/4″ thick
Glass – 1/2″ thick
Door is sold as a pre-hung unit that includes 2 Â½” door trim
|Door Jamb||Pre-hung with standard jamb width of 4 9/16″.|
|Door Thickness||1 3/4″ Thick door.|
|Threshold||Threshold, door sweep and insulation stripping provided.|
|Door Swing||Door is hung per customer requirements.|
|Door Locksets||Pre-drilled holes for handles or locking mechanisms are not
provided with the exception of hinges.
|Insulation||R-5 insulation value.|
|Lead-time||2 -3 weeks|