CellarPro 3400H-ECX Houdini Cooling Unit #35856
CellarPro 3400H-ECX Cooling Unit (P/N 35856). NOW WITH ENERGY-EFFICIENT EC FANS! CellarPro engineered the 3400H-ECX cooling unit specifically for shallow-depth glass wine cellars.
Just 13-inches deep and 14 1/2-inches tall, the 3400H-ECX Houdini cooling unit is designed to “disappear” inside – or atop – the cellar. Dual independent variable-speed fans offer flexibility to trade-off between super-quiet operation vs maximum performance.
For example, assuming 75F ambient temperature, R13 insulation in the non-glass walls and no ducting, the 3400H-ECX would work in the following cellars:
Glass Sq Ft
|13’w x 2 1/2’d x 9’h||293||117 (Front Wall)||Single||60F||3460|
|15’w x 2 1/2’d x 10’h||375||150 (Front Wall)||Double||55F||3308|
|15’w x 2 1/2’d x 10’h||375||200 (Front & Side Walls)||Double||58F||3326|
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space – it must come from space outside the cellar.
Variable-speed fans with independent control provide maximum flexibility and versatility, as follows:
- Variable fan speed for the cold side
- Provides cooling flexibility
- Low fan speed: 2737 BTUH @ 55F / 47F lowest achievable cellar temperature
- High fan speed: 3492 BTUH @55F / 47F lowest achievable cellar temperature
- Variable fan speed for the hot side
- Choose between performance vs noise
- Low fan speed: 56 dBA / 85F maximum intake temperature
- High fan speed: 61 dBA / 95F maximum intake temperature
Powerful fans on the 3400H-ECX allow the cooling unit to be ducted without the need for an auxiliary fan, as follows:
- Cold side:
- Up to 100 equivalent feet (50′ per duct) with 8-inch insulated ducting
- Intake from the bottom, left, front, or top / exhaust from the bottom, front, or top
- Hot side:
- Up to 100 equivalent feet (50′ per duct) and 85F maximum intake temperature (no auxiliary fan required)
- Up to 200 equivalent feet (100′ per duct) and 95F maximum intake temperature (requires auxiliary fan)
- Intake from the right, front, or top / exhaust from the front, rear, or top
- Ducting requires CellarPro duct equipment (sold separately)
If the cooling unit is partially or fully exposed to an environment outside the cellar, especially if the cooling unit will be located in an unconditioned or warm, humid environment, we recommend insulating the left 13-inches of the cooling unit with 1-inch closed-cell foam insulation (R-4 or better).
3400H Configuration Options
|1. Inside the Cellar||2. Above the Cellar|
|3. Inside the Ceiling||4. Cold-Side Ducted|
|5. Hot-Side Ducted||6. Hot and Cold Sides Ducted|
3492 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F.
CellarPro’s 3400H-ECX cooling unit (1/2 Ton Nominal) is designed specifically for glass-enclosed wine cellars, and uses energy-efficient variable-speed EC fans for maximum performance. Features include:
Shallow height and depth
Fits shallow glass enclosures
13″D x 14 1/2″H
Can be placed inside the cellar, atop the cellar, partially installed in the cellar ceiling, or completely remote from the cellar (requires duct kit)
Choice of airflows for cold side
Intake from bottom, left, front, or top side
Exhaust from bottom, front, or top side
Air deflector optional
Choice of airflows for hot side
Intake from right, front, or top side
Exhaust from front, rear, or top side
Air deflector optional
Energy-efficient variable-speed EC fans with independent controls – choose between performance vs noise
Hot side – higher ambient temps require high fan speed
Low fan speed: 56 dBA / 85F maximum intake temperature
High fan speed: 61 dBA / 95F maximum intake temperature
Cold side – higher cooling load requires high fan speed
Low fan speed: 2737 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F / 47F lowest achievable cellar temperature
High fan speed: 3492 SENSIBLE BTUH @55F / 47F lowest achievable cellar temperature on hot, cold or both sides
Oversized stainless-steel drain pan with 200W heating element
Included as standard equipment
No drain line required for properly constructed, airtight cellars
Optional overflow drain fitting and 8′ flexible drain line
Choice of power source
Side or rear
Removable 10-ft cord
Optional remote display
Optional bottle probe (highly recommended unless the unit is configured with the networkable thermostat upgrade)
If the cooling unit is partially or fully exposed to an environment outside the cellar, especially if the cooling unit will be located in an unconditioned or warm, humid environment, we recommend insulating the left 20-inches of the cooling unit with 1-inch closed-cell foam insulation (R-4 or better).
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
- Features energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides
- This unit can be configured to pull fresh air ranging from -20 to 95F. If the unit’s location does not provide sufficient room for the unit’s exhaust to dissipate and/or fresh air to be provided, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit. We recommend the addition of a fan cycling switch when fresh air intake will be below 20F.
- The unit must be placed indoors in an area that is above 32F.
- Dual high-output fans come with independent variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (56 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Custom coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel condensate pan and 200W electric heating element.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- With dual power sources and a 10-foot power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the rear or right side of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro’s 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 31488) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro 3400H cooling units are self-contained, fully-charged units designed to be attached to the ceiling inside the cellar, or above the cellar.
- 1800H units also can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar and requires 6-inch (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 8 feet.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 1800H cooling units require fresh air intake without interference from the unit’s hot air exhaust. If sufficient space does not exist to provide fresh air, you may need our hot-side duct kit.
- If the fresh air intake (on the hot side) will pull air below below 40F, the cooling unit will require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) .
- If the fresh air intake (on the hot side) will pull air below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- The cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Size: 46w x 13d x 14 1/2h (in)
115V AC / 60 Hz
– Startup (LRA): 40.0 Amps
– Unit Amp Rating: 10.26 Amps
– Total Watts with Fans on High: 807
– Total Watts with Fans on Low: 791
– Compatible with Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
BTUH @ 55F:
– Low Fan Speed: 2737BTUH
– High Fan Speed: 3492 BTUH
– 1/2 Ton Nominal
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20°F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20°F and as low as -20°F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hoods
- Hot Side Duct Hood#36026 and Kit #36027: allows you to install the unit in a small space with limited airflow, and duct the airflow up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct)
- Hot Side Duct Kit w/ Inline Fan#36028: allows you to install the unit in a small space with limited airflow, and duct the airflow up to 200 equivalent feet (100 feet per duct)
- Cold Side Duct Hood#36024 and Kit #36025: permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar (cold side), and duct the airflow up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct)
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 8-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
Compressor Crankcase Heater #1727
Remote Control and Display #1603:
Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element:
CP-3400H-Owners-Manual-2-28-2022 , 3400h-as-ducted-cut-sheet 3400h-airflow-cutouts-dims-cut-sheet 3400h-control-locations-cut-sheet Limited Warranty Policy